[Rhodes22-list] Converting Electric Winch Motor Lift to a Manual System

Gmorganflier gmorgan.flier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 08:07:51 EDT 2020

Peter,

You’re correct...I don’t think the GBI manual lift can tilt the motor. It’s
interesting to see the different solutions people come up with to accomplish
the same thing. We do have similar rigs. One difference was I used smaller
blocks which allowed me to have the top and bottom ones side by side. With
my motor raised all the way, the top and bottom ones are very close to
touching each other but it all seems to work. I’m happy with it. The 45
pound pull is not that difficult and even the increase in effort when I
reach the top and the motor starts to tilt is no big deal.

I’ll attach a photo of former Rhodie Jay Curry’s conversion which is where I
got the idea. He said he used the existing tubing to attach his blocks. His
bottom tube doesn’t attach to the mount the way ours do. He basically has a
vertical pull. I don’t see how his electric lift tilted the motor if that’s
the case?

George Morgan
S/V Knotty Lady 1986/2005/2010

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t909/849C0679-5467-4CDE-80CE-A228248118E8.jpeg>