[Rhodes22-list] Swing Keel Problem

Jeff Smith Photo jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 19:18:15 EDT 2021

A while after I bought (now) Radiant and hauled her with a travel lift, to
put her on jackstands to give her a new bottom, I noticed the way the
diamond keel haul line was knotted in the cockpit allowed about an extra
foot of draft. But it also introduced a hollow section of diamond board
below the keel. As a Recovering Racer I tried to figger which would be
faster up wind: more depth or less hollow turbulence with the board on it's
lines? I opted (which is easily changed) for the board in the "correct"
position.  Any thoughts?

Best Regards
Jeff Smith
www.http://JeffSmithPhoto.Net