[Rhodes22-list] Lifting the Mast off of the Boat

Joe Dempsey joedempsey at hughes.net
Tue Mar 16 10:57:51 EDT 2021

George, it's going to take two people. I removed my mast while in the slip.
Best to be bow forward so you can bring it over the pulpit. I used the
cradle to support the mast aft.  I have a photo showing the mast lowered
just before bringing it off the boat.

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t752/1.jpg>

I have more photos of the mast once its off, showing the process of
disassembling the IMF.

I can't remember if we left the genoa onboard or brought it off with the
mast. I think we left it onboard but you'll have to remove the bale at the
masthead in the middle of the process which will add a third body to the
job.

-----
Joe Dempsey
s/v Respite