[Rhodes22-list] Suggested max number of people aboard

DANA LETENDRE dlet3 at aol.com
Fri May 21 13:34:15 EDT 2021

Hi Matt,

     For what it’s worth, the Belize Port Authority has set a maximum limit of 8 on my Rhodes (2 crew, six passengers).  I find that if I have more than four adults in the cockpit I need to remember to put the plug in the self-bailing drain in the floor of the cockpit or water comes in instead of goes out.  When we have had 8 on board there is usually at least one  or two on the foredeck and one or more in the cabin.  It’s very snug with eight people, but not so bad if some of them are kids.  Also, I try to avoid a full boat when then wind is blowing, say over 18 knots or so, just because it gets a bit crowded when trying to handle the sheets.

Dana LeTendre
“Caye Dreams”
San Pedro, Belize

Sent from my iPad