[Rhodes22-list] Update on IMF outhaul/furling running rigging changes made over the winter

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Fri May 21 17:56:55 EDT 2021

LOL regarding Lee and Tom's ad comments.

Here is a list of the lines on the cabin top starting from port and moving
to starboard:

*Port side*
1) Topping lift
2) Spare halyard - I don't use this for anything but if I got a spinnaker
it could be used for that, or if I lost a stay and needed extra support
3) IMF Outhaul

*Starboard side*
1) IMF Furling line
2) Short line holding an extra block that I added to run the furling line
(it also goes twice around the deck organizer) for mechanical advantage.
Turns out that I probably don't need this and may remove the extra block.
3) Headsail furling line

Question for Peter: do you pull straight back on the IMF Furling line ran
to the cabin top, or do you try a similar approach to what I illustrated in
the video?  Just curious.

Regarding Tom's anchoring question: I did overhaul my anchoring setup over
the winter, with a Mantus M2 13 lb on a bow roller and a Fortress FX-7
mounted on the front interior of the lazarette.  I copied some of Peter's
ideas for that project and added some of my own ideas as well.  I tried out
the new setup with the bow roller and it works well.  I'll send another
project recap on that later.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr