[Rhodes22-list] Sailing in 18-20 mph wind speed with gusts

Michael McKay mm.bizlist1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 16:03:38 EDT 2021

Allyn,

I envy your problem.  On Allatoona Lake here in Georgia we rarely see as much as 10 knots of wind and often have to cancel races due to lack of sufficient wind.  I once had a family of ducks swimming laps around my boat during a “race”!

That said, do you put your IMF main in the lower position when the wind is up?  That will lower the center of effort and help the boat sail flatter.

Michael McKay
s/v Liber

Sent from my iPhone