[Rhodes22-list] Dimensions

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 07:37:40 EST 2022

Hi Luis,

On a road trip with my R22 over the summer, we stopped by a CAT certified
scale and got the following weights: steer axle: 2560 lb, drive axle: 3560
lb, trailer axle: 4580 lb. The tongue weight was a little over 400 lbs.  My
motor was left mounted on the transom with extra straps for support.  The
rudder was stowed in the v-berth.  I had the water tank mostly filled and 3
gallons of gas.

Here's some text from Peter from an email thread in 2019 when I inquired
about dimensions for transporting my R22 when I first bought it.

My trailer is a 2016 Triad dual axle.  All of the following
measurements are, of course, approximate.

The distance from the trailer's hitch to the stern of the boat is about 25’.
My outboard extends about 2 1/2’ from the stern.
If the rudder is pulled up, it sticks out a bit over 4’ from the
stern, but I wouldn’t think you would need to travel with it up.

From the hitch to just behind the trailer’s rear tires is 18’.

As for height, without the mast crutch, the highest thing on the boat
is the bow pulpit.  With the trailer jack as short as it can be made
to go, the highest point of my bow pulpit is 8 1/2’ from the ground.
Total height would depend a bit on the orientation of the mast.

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2019-June/083076.html

I hope that helps.  Where will you be sailing your R22 in Mexico?

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr